BIGBAGS & LINERS
Bigbags with inliner provide a suitable solution for materials that require a high degree of purity when packed.
The inliner covers the whole inner side of the bigbags so the material does not come into contact with the fabric or seams. For very tiny powdery materials dustproof seams are usually not enough. In these cases inliners are used to prevent leakage and provide barrier property to the bigbag.
FIBC bulk bag liners are required for certain products and applications. Liners serve multiple purposes including, but not limited to:
• Standard Liners : Standard liners are like a PE hose covering the interior surfaces of the bigbags , but they have some wrinkles to adjust to the bigbag shape which may slow down product flow.
• Formliner : Formliners are Inliners in the shape of a bottle which adjust to the form of the bigbag at the spouts. This allows a smooth material flow within the jumbo bag and also provides easier spout handling during the filling operation.
• Q-Liner / Gambo Liner / Baffled liner : Q-liners have baffles from PE inside the liner, which makes the big bag with inliner also a Q-bag at the same time. This is a very cost intensive premium big bag solution.
• Suspended inliner : Special type for one and two loop bags
Open top with gussets
Bottle shaped top
Bottle shaped top and bottom
Bottle shaped and sewn-in
EVOH Oxygen Barrier
Oxygen transmission rate of films:
Gas Barrier Property
cm3, 20μ/m²,day,atm @20°C, 65%RH
32 mol% Et. EVOH
38 mol% Et. EVOH
HDPE(Hight Density Polyethylene)
LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene)
EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate)
ALU - EVOH - PA
BIGBAG LINER INSERTION OPTIONS
• Loose Inserted inliner : The inliner is simply put inside the big bag without attaching it to the body of the big bag. Preblowing recommended. Loose inserted inliners are mostly used for simple bigbags and chosen by customers due to their cost-efficiency.
• Tabbed inliner : The liner is fixed with eight tabbings in the eight corners of the big bag. This prevents efficiently the movement of the liner within the jumbo bag which may otherwise create problems during filling and discharging.
• Sewn-in inliner :Inliner is fixed in the FIBC by sewing along the entire length of the big bag in all four side seams. Inliners that are sewn along the entire length are stronger fixed inside the FIBC than those that are fixed with tabbings. A movement of the liner is efficiently prevented.
• Glued inliner : The inliner is fixed to the walls of the big bag by hotmelt glue. This is an expensive option that provides the firmest attaching. ATEA’s recommendation 👍
Attaching With Tabs
Attaching With Flangers
Attaching With Glue
Dimensions of PE inliners are usually determined based on the dimensions of a big bag for which it is used.
Depending on the type and purpose of the material, the thickness of the inliner can vary between 50 -200 microns (my), usually it is 70-80 my for most FIBCs.
For type B and type C big bags, there is a special type of inliner that is electro-conductive.
For big bags with one and two loops almost always a inliner is used. These inliners have a special shape (See suspended inliner).
Inliner can meet the needs for bigbags in the food industry. FIBC can be made with special measures for cleanliness.